Piri Piri Squash and Halloumi SkewersYou will need:
- 750g of butternut squash, peeled and cut into roughly even chunks
- 250g of halloumi cheese, also cubed
- A generous helping of Nature Kitchen Piri Piri spice
- A bunch of fresh basil & mint leaves, roughly shredded
- A glug of Olive Oil
- 12 bamboo skewers
- Lemon slices
- Pre-heat your oven to 200° (Gas Mark 6)
- Steam the squash for around 3-6 minutes. They're perfect when you can insert a skewer easily (don't over steam though, unless you want mash!) Leave to cool off.
- In a bowl, mix your Piri Piri with the oil to make a paste (add more or less spice depending on your personal taste)
- Toss the halloumi & butternut in the Piri Piri paste until well coated & thread alternately onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers in your oven until they're golden and sizzling on all sides.
- Serve the skewers on top of the lemon wedges & scatter over the basil & mint leaves.
Best served on a hot day, with a nice glass of chilled Hibiscus tea.
(For a meaty option, try adding this delicious spice to chicken, fish, beef & pork)
Vegetarian & Vegan friendly.
All of our products are blended in an area containing nuts & seeds
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
|GLUTEN FREE||Gluten free|
|Vegan friendly||Vegan friendly|