Piri Piri Seasoning
Why not try this on the BBQ? Piri Piri goes with almost anything so get creative and add some spice to your life!
Piri Piri Squash and Halloumi Skewers
You will need:
- 750g of butternut squash, peeled and cut into roughly even chunks
- 250g of halloumi cheese, also cubed
- A generous helping of Nature Kitchen Piri Piri spice
- A bunch of fresh basil & mint leaves, roughly shredded
- A glug of Olive Oil
- 12 bamboo skewers
- Lemon slices
- Pre-heat your oven to 200° (Gas Mark 6)
- Steam the squash for around 3-6 minutes. They're perfect when you can insert a skewer easily (don't over steam though, unless you want mash!) Leave to cool off.
- In a bowl, mix your Piri Piri with the oil to make a paste (add more or less spice depending on your personal taste)
- Toss the halloumi & butternut in the Piri Piri paste until well coated & thread alternately onto the skewers.
- Cook the skewers in your oven until they're golden and sizzling on all sides.
- Serve the skewers on top of the lemon wedges & scatter over the basil & mint leaves.
Best served on a hot day, with a nice glass of chilled Hibiscus tea.
(For a meaty option, try adding this delicious spice to chicken, fish, beef & pork)
Vegetarian & Vegan friendly.
Serv. Size: ONE TEASPOON PER TWO PORTIONS (12 g) ,
Servings: 6, Amount Per Serving: Calories 15,
TotalFat 0.5g (1% DV),
Sat.Fat 0g (0% DV),
Cholest. 0mg (0% DV),
Sodium 360mg (15% DV),
TotalCarb. 3g (1% DV),
Protein 1 g,
Vitamin A(25% DV),
Vitamin C(2% DV),
INGREDIENTS: PAPRIKA, CHILLI POWDER, CHILLI FLAKES,
CAYENNE PEPPER, OREGANO, GARLIC, SEA SALT
All of our products are blended in an area containing nuts & seeds
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.