Jamaican All Purpose Seasoning
All purpose seasoning, as it's name suggests is an ideal ingredient to flavour any dish. Use it to add zest to chicken, meat, fish, vegetables, salads, soups, sauces, dressings and marinades. For best results use 1 teaspoon of all purpose seasoning per 450g chicken or meat.
Try this recipe as a quick and easy meal idea:
Jamaican Chicken Stew
You will need:
2 tsp Nature Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
2 tbsp chicken seasoning
1/2 tbsp black ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
8 chicken thighs (skinned)
8 chicken drumsticks (skinned)
1 green pepper (finely chopped)
500ml vegetable oil
2 scotch bonnet chillies (chopped with seeds left in)
4 spring onions (finely chopped)
2 onions (finely chopped)
1 sweet red pepper (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 tbsp butter
1. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze juice all over the chicken and rub into smooth. Add all purpose seasoning, chicken seasoning, pepper and salt and massage into chicken, then leave overnight in the fridge to marinade if possible, but leave as long as possible.
2. Heat oil in deep pan, then turn heat down and fry chicken for 6 minutes then turn over the pieces and fry for a further 6 minutes.
3. When chicken is cooked, remove chicken and most of the oil, leaving a little bit at the bottom of the pan.
4. Put the chicken back in the pan and add the peppers, onions, spring onions, scotch bonnets and garlic.
5. Add 850ml of water and a dollop of butter and give it all a good stir. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to simmer and leave for around 45 minutes.
Serve with rice!
Vegetarian & Vegan friendly.
All of our products are blended in an area containing nuts & seeds
Serv. Size: 12g , Servings: 5,
Amount Per Serving: Calories 90,
Fat Cal. 35,
Total Fat 4g
Sat. Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g,
Cholest. 0mg ,
Sodium 3250mg ,
Total Carb. 83g ,
Fibre 28g ,
Protein 4 g,
Vitamin A (140% DV),
Vitamin C (20% DV),
Calcium (45% DV),
Iron (40% DV).
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
Versitile, tasty, quick delivery, can't fault a thing 10/10
I picked up some of this during my holiday, the staff were great in helping to explain the different ways it can be used and in suggesting recipes. The mix itself smelt as good as it tasted and I will be ordering it online from now on. Thanks again for making my cooking more interesting.
Fantastic blend,will be back to big a bigger bag though next time! Must take advantage of those savings!!